Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I broke a rear leaf spring on my 1997 Rodeo LS. Every OEM spring in the country is on backorder. Dealers and other sources all show over 129 springs on backorder with no fill date in site.

Does ANYONE make an aftermarket spring or suspension kit for a 1997 Rodeo?

Before you respond, please be sure they make one for a 1997. I have sifted through TONS of web sites and the 1997 seems to be the black sheep when it comes to ANY suspension related part.

Thank you ALL very much in advance for your help.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Try one of these guys

www.darlington-offroad.com This would be Joe Darlington

Or you can also try

www.independent4x.com This is Matt Brown

Both should carry Old man emu springs. It depends on which spring has broken, but Joe D has a spring pack upgrade that replaces a few of the stock leaves. But I'm not sure which ones it replaces nor do I know whick one you have broken.

Joe

By the way, post your topic once, in the best suited area. Please do not double post the same topic. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Joe.

I have a call into Joe Darlington, hopefully he can help in some way.

I could not find any full springs nindependant4x's website but I am going to call them now anyway.

I would have moved the post or deleted the original in the other forum if I could have but the option was nota available to me.

Thanks again,

-=Alex

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Not a problem. I feel sure that one of those guys will be able to help you out.

Joe

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
hmmm, thats odd, i thought all the Rodeo springs are the same length. I will have to read my OEM parts books and check the part numbers on that one and compair 91-96 and 97s. Interesting........... hmmmm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies everyone. I have solved my dilemma.

The reason many manufactures do not list leaf springs for a 1997 is that Isuzu changed over to the IFS for the 1998 model year and many came out early in 1997. Being a half year, manufactures take the safe road and don't list any compatibility.

Than being said, if you've got leafs in your 1997, then they are the same as any from 1994 through 1996.

There is close to a two year back order on factory springs and there are none in the US at the moment (at least none that dealers can see).

The best bet right now is to go to www.car-parts.com and search the junkyards. I found a pair local to me and they cost me $100 total, removed. They had half the mileage mine had.

I hope this helps anyone in need of replacement stock springs.

Thanks,

-=Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.