Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am in the market for a good daily/winter vehicle. and its down to an older montero or a trooper. preferably a trooper. which is why i am here. i need to know what to look for and which ones to stay away from.

ive looked around and i am kind of set on finding a manual 1st gen with the 2.8 6cl. seems to be the best bang for the buck. if i am wrong please correct me. i am not opposed to doing a motor swap later down the road.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
you've got my vote for that choice.

welcome and good luck
john

·
Registered
734 Posts
Where are you located? I have a 1st gen with a 2.8L that has a few upgrades for sale. I also have a 3.4L that I might be willing to part with too!

PM if you want

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Mainly look for rust, thats the big killer on these trucks. 1st gen for the win, I'm kinda partial myself ;) Welcome to the planet! And check craigslist, many smartphones have apps for it, and let you define search parameters. I got a notification on my phone literally withen 30 seconds of the listing being posted, and called the guy immediatly. He was shocked, his add wasn't even on for a minute before I called about it ;) :twisted:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. i hope i can find exactly what i am looking for.

would it be a bad idea to even take a nice 4 cl auto? i would have no problem down the road swapping it. i just need a winter vehicle and i love the looks of these and i know they are fairly rugged. my only real concern is replacement parts and reliability. being in north east ohio we get some cold temps, fairly good amount of snow and ice. i really dont want to buy a cherokee. my mom and brother both have them and they are solid. but kind of small and i plan on winter/daily/ camping with this.... plus the isuzu to me looks wayyyyy better. and i should make a note if i havent already i dont plan on wheeling this thing minus some light trails to go camping.

and i am in north east ohio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts