Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 96 rodeo with no roof rack. Don't kick me in the teeth yet.. I have searched under roof rack and read many many posts. Does the truck come with pre drilled holes or what?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP ......I know some of you 1000 plus post guys know something about what I'm talking about...lol Help[ a brother out....:)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I think you will have to drill your own holes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
I think you will have to drill your own holes.
Ya know bro...47 people have viewed my post and you are the only one that responded...LMAO I'm thinking a roof rack is not a good idea... :idea:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Well i just know seeing rodeo's with no racks in junkyards they have no holes in the roof. they are just smooth as glass on the top. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have kept the drill tucked away...way away from the Zu... :wink:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
lasher242 said:
I have kept the drill tucked away...way away from the Zu... :wink:
i take the scissors to my headliner and install map lights...only time i have drilled/cut anything on my rodeo...

so far :twisted:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did some pretty hard mods to my 90 Wrangler...I swaped my YJ dash to a CJ dash, had to replace and rewire all but two of my guages. Just at the moment not sure the rack is worth it...lol I would love to see you map light install...:)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I have always wanted to swap in the newer rodeo dash from 95.5 to 97 in my 94, but I hear it is alot of labor intensive work.

Here is a write up on how to do map lights.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... map+lights

i ended up cutting out the entire section of headliner where the lights would go instead of just little squares.

Here is a pic of mine installed

Next mod for me is the second generation center console, because it has cup holders! :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Back to the original topic...

I would imagine if your Rodeo came from the factory without a roof rack then you have no pre-drilled holes. I took my roof rack off the other week to see what I can do to make my own and each side is held down by 4 bolts with threaded inserts in the roof.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bullitt930 said:
Back to the original topic...

I would imagine if your Rodeo came from the factory without a roof rack then you have no pre-drilled holes. I took my roof rack off the other week to see what I can do to make my own and each side is held down by 4 bolts with threaded inserts in the roof.
Thanks for the info... :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
I have always wanted to swap in the newer rodeo dash from 95.5 to 97 in my 94, but I hear it is alot of labor intensive work.

Here is a write up on how to do map lights.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... map+lights

i ended up cutting out the entire section of headliner where the lights would go instead of just little squares.

Here is a pic of mine installed

Next mod for me is the second generation center console, because it has cup holders! :lol:
Map lights look great..:) I would like to see the console after you get it done. The cup holders in mine are BS..I ended up buying a hanging cup holder and put it from the ash tray...lol Works great!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
lasher242 said:
Map lights look great..:) I would like to see the console after you get it done. The cup holders in mine are BS..I ended up buying a hanging cup holder and put it from the ash tray...lol Works great!!
I'll be doing this swap sometime in the near future. Look up Lorenzo816. he should have pics of his swap somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
As stated you will need to dirll the holes, you can seal them up with some caulking or other type of sealant underneath to make sure there are no leaks. Jwood added a Rodeo rack to the top of his amigo this way. Just sit the rack on top, sit it where you want it, make a few marks for the bolt holes and drill away, oh and remove headliner before dirlling, doubt you want holes in that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.