Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...We are new to the Isuzu family, formally Wrangler family. We just picked up a 96 Rodeo 3.2l automatic w/151,000 miles for $2200 bucks. That is a good deal here on the island, he wanted $2700 bucks!!! Manual windows/locks...She is clean, I'll get some pic's up. We're the third owner and the first two owners took very good care of her. I'm guessing it's an LS due to it being an automatic. Please be gentle if I'm wrong...lol NOT!! We're looking forward to much better gas milage and a by far superior ride.... :notworthy:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey, welcome!

I am new also. Seems like the community is still growing, even after all these years.

What part of Puerto Rico are you from? I ate at a great little restaurant in San Juan that I still think about after all these years... it was SO good!! lol

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
If it were an LS, it would have all Power options. LS's were fully loaded with options, including the automatic transmission. Apparently the original buyer just wanted an auto and base options, so you have an S like me! :lol:

Welcome to Planet Isuzoo!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back'atcha bek.."_We're on the northwest side of the island. SJ is about a 50 minute drive from us. Come back to the island the weather is awesome.

95Rodeo4x4 thanks for the input. While your your at it can you explain the 1st gen vs. 2nd gen Rodeo? I'm guessing it has to do with year model and changes in design/options.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Well to make a long story short......

1st gen had a 3.2L Single OverHead Cam (SOHC) V6, with either the Isuzu MUA-5 5speed Manual or General Motors 4L30E automatic.
Gen 1 Also had a 2.6 Inline 4 with a BorgWarner 5speed.

Note, 95.5 and up had...
-Newer dash, which resulted in speaker relocation to the doors, removal of cluster mounted controls in favor of stalk mounted controls made the interior more favorable to modern buyers.

-96 and up had Shift On The Fly 4WD, but with me owning a 1994 and not having it, I can only say if i remember, you can shift into 4H at up to 25mph. You must stop for 4L. But consult your owners manual to make sure.

2nd gens got a entire body and interior redesign. a new more powerful Dual OverHead Cam (DOHC) 3.2L V6 still had the Auto 4L30E and Mua 5 5speed. also there was a 2.2 I4 for economy buyers.

Rodeos 98-up had push button 4WD. you push a button to engage 4WD. then use your shifter to select High or Low. by default it uses 4H.

2004 Rodeos dropped the 2.2L and added a 3.5L Direct Injection V6 along with the 3.2L V6.

You can find a lot of good information here:
http://wiki.planetisuzoo.com/index.php/Rodeos

Any specific questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to answer them best I can.
:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the info..:) When I get a new toy I want as much information as I can get. Always try to fix cars/trucks myself.

P.S. I tried the link and it did not work..:(

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
what it is is the Planet Isuzoo wiki.

When you go to planetisuzoo.com, instead of selecting forums, select wiki, then Rodeos. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.