Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !! I'm new and looking for some info..

1998 Amigo Soft Top 2.2 5 speed setting on Thornbirds 31x11.15s and 15x9 rims bolt ons so far has been,black brush guard and taillight guards that match. would like black step bars at some point and a 6'' lift ..have plains to put in a 4.3 but don't know about going to auto...i like the 5 speed and would like to keep the 4wd working the same as it is now..stock. and a set of 33x12.50s :lol:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Another Florida member, awesome! Sounds like you have some nice plans, if you need help with the 4.3 swap I can lend a hand, you can keep it isuzu 5spd too if you want, just not the current one you have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RamAirZ said:
Another Florida member, awesome! Sounds like you have some nice plans, if you need help with the 4.3 swap I can lend a hand, you can keep it isuzu 5spd too if you want, just not the current one you have.
I have a 4.3 from a 04 trailblazer i was thinking of swapping it in over the winter when it not 90 out :p i would like to stay stick since its already set up for it ..what trans should i be looking for ? Thanks RamAirZ!!

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Trailblazer? They had the 4.2 straight 6, unless it was the Blazer version but that ended in '01. If your using a 4.3 V6 you'd want an MUA5 5-spd from a 91-92 Rodeo with the 3.1 or from an 89-91 Trooper with the 2.8 V6, you'd then need to get a Fiero adapter to bolt the engine/trans together

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RamAirZ said:
Trailblazer? They had the 4.2 straight 6, unless it was the Blazer version but that ended in '01. If your using a 4.3 V6 you'd want an MUA5 5-spd from a 91-92 Rodeo with the 3.1 or from an 89-91 Trooper with the 2.8 V6, you'd then need to get a Fiero adapter to bolt the engine/trans together
its the 4.2 straight 6 my bad ..use to calling it a 4.3 i had a 2000 ZR2 a while back..think ill need the same parts ?

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I don't think that 4.2 will fit in the engine bay, and the bellhousing pattern on it is different

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RamAirZ said:
I don't think that 4.2 will fit in the engine bay, and the bellhousing pattern on it is different
ok ill find a 4.3 then ..and go with that ..i have a friend that owns a junk yard here so i can get some things but he don't have a 98---amigo soft top as i need the rear bar for back window and the plastic that holds it their ill haft to go up to clear water and look through LKQ ..but he does have 4 old school amigos in great shape! if you have any ideas on a good motor swap inform me..Thanks

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I think the 4.3 is a great swap, leaves more room in the engine bay, very torquey, tons of parts available for it and very common.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hey John, welcome. I used to live in Lakeland, FL. I know your area well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stusvend said:
Hello.and thanks! yeah i moved here in 08. Still cant find any trail riding places around here ..I'm not the hillbilly yacht club kind ..lol its very nice town ..i love the key!! and since i used to snow board i now surf ! no snow here..

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
john1224 said:
stusvend said:
Hello.and thanks! yeah i moved here in 08. Still cant find any trail riding places around here ..I'm not the hillbilly yacht club kind ..lol its very nice town ..i love the key!! and since i used to snow board i now surf ! no snow here..
I moved from FL to the mountains. Went from surfing to snowboarding. They are NOT the same. :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stusvend said:
john1224 said:
stusvend said:
I moved from FL to the mountains. Went from surfing to snowboarding. They are NOT the same. :lol:
Your right,no sharks snow boarding :lol: I have been thinking about moving back home?? I made more $$$$ their. but i like the sun! we go months with out seeing it back home :x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts