Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pulling a camping trailler with my 98 3,2 4x$ Auto.
One of my coil spring has snap in the first turn (at the base, 5 inches after the beginning). I assume the weight of my trailler to be at around 4000~4500 Lbs. (witch is dead on the limit, i know...).

I found out that OME has an heavy duty spring that mkes a lift of 2.5 inches. I don`t mind having a 1" lift but 2.5 inches sounds a little too much to me.

With OME my choices are
912 2" Soft
913 1" soft
919 2-2.5" med-soft
929 2-2.5 firm (also known as heavy duty)

Would a soft OME already be stronger than the OEM ones (I Don`t really want break a new ome coil after 1 season) (Are they much bigger in diameter than stock (wire size))

If I am to go 2-2,5 inches I will probably want to go with the 929, since I will have to face all the expenses of a 2.5 inches lift (Torsion crank,Lockers, allignment)

Is there any other company that does coil springs for the rodeo that could
give me a heavy duty load without the lift.

Anybody has the 929, How bad is the handling with them?

Is it only me or those OEM OME names are a little confusing? they should have pick MOE or EOM or EVH...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recommend contacting Valley Spring Works and have them custom make a set of rear springs for you. They will make it any height or strength you'd like.

Valley Spring Works
Dept ORN
340 Industrial Way, Bldg. B
Dixon, CA 95620 U.S.A.
Phone 1-800-287-2645

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I'd get the OME 912s. A number of people with Valley springs had them sag after less than a year. You could also get stock Vehicross springs. They are thicker. Or even just Trooper springs. The 912s or Trooper springs will give you a small lift, but you won't have to do anything like lockers, TB lift, alignment, etc unless you want to.

-Tad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.