Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago air conditioner went out. After it was taken off, I noticed I can not turn my blower off. It's as if the lever won't move far enough to the left. Wondering if there is an easy adjustment somewhere before I get in and jerry rig it.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
mguldan said:
A year ago air conditioner went out. After it was taken off, I noticed I can not turn my blower off. It's as if the lever won't move far enough to the left. Wondering if there is an easy adjustment somewhere before I get in and jerry rig it.
These blowers do not turn all the way off. (At least mine never did.)

You turn it to off, and it is still on, just reeeeeeal low,

Irritates the heck out of me. (Especially if the blower motor develops a squeal.) So I put a toggle switch in, that turns off power to the blower motor, completely.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine used to turn off (or at least blew so low I never noticed it). Now everything is misaligned, if I want vent...I position one to the right, etc.
I may have to try a toggle if I can't readjust. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
mguldan said:
Mine used to turn off (or at least blew so low I never noticed it). Now everything is misaligned, if I want vent...I position one to the right, etc.
I may have to try a toggle if I can't readjust. Thanks.
If the fan is good, then you probably won't hear it when it is going that slow.

It's when they start making noise, that you begin to notice that the dang things just NEVER turn off.

It's not just the noise that bothers me.

When I am trouble shooting, I don't want something constantly on, just because the key is on. I want everything to turn off independantly. That's the real reason I put the toggle in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.