Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the clutch stays to the floor. the clutch flluid resevoir has been leakin a little inside the cab and the slave cylinder also leaks. on the last run through the woods it ran dry and we had no break fluid. now i fill it up and try to bleed the system and it wont pump up. is the clutch cylinder bad or what?

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
The clutch can be difficult to bleed, and if yours has the extra valve in line its even worse. I couldnt get it at all with a mity-vac and ended up using one of THESE. Still took a couple hours but eventually worked.
Giz, what's the difference between a Mighty Vac and the bleeder you linked to? I have a Mighty Vac and I have used with with the Trooper with good results. But I have to do the whole clutch and brake system for the Impulse here real soon.

Bart

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I ran mine dry (on accident), bled it, and it pumped right back up to even better than before. Reason my fluid got low was because it was super old, and looked like it had broken down to something that wasn't even brake fluid anymore.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Bart, not sure why the mity vac didnt work for me. It's worked fine on all the other vehicles I've used it on. For some reason with the clutch and brakes on the rodeo it wouldnt get all the air out. For whatever reason the one man bleeder kit worked perfectly. Only problem was that the container is pretty small so you only got a couple pumps then had to empty it. Got really tired of crawling under the truck by the time I was done.

Not sure on the impulse but I know on rodeos and troopers you need to have the engine running when you bleed brakes or you can damage the booster. Keep that in mind when you do yours.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had a LOT of trouble bleeding the clutch on my 95 trooper. The mighty vac didn't work and neither did the one man bleeder. Turns out on mine the metal clutch line from the master came UP from the master then down towards the slave.
The metal line was higher than the masters fluid level leaving an air pocket I couldn't get rid of. My fix was......
I used the mighty vac but this time I put teflon tape on the slave bleeder. I finally got enough vacuum to pull the fluid UP through the air bubble at the master. Now after doing that trick I can bleed my clutch in minutes instead of hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts