Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent some time in my AutoCad program and made this pictorial schematic of how I'm planning to re-wire my lights and add power at the hitch.

I would appreciate it if some of you guys who have a knack for wiring things would take a look and let me know if I have everything laid out properly. All constructive criticism is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Bump up the circuit breaker to handle the max load of the total fuses.

Good otherwise.

Also, since the switches will likely be in close proximity on the dash, they can share the same power in and ground. Since they are in essence a signal provider and carry no load in this configuration, you wont burn anything out, and will reduce wire clutter by running in a single power line to jumper across all three switches.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Agree with theconstantevolution.

Make sure the individual fuses are heavy enough to handle each circuit at full load, & that the C/B is heavy enough to handle all circuits at full load. Then run a single 'hot wire' to the switches, with the lowest fuse you can find for it (no load when in use so any shorting should pop it, maybe a 2a or 1a if them make them that small?).

Nice diag BTW, looks like the FSM fold outs. :)

~psguardian

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theconstantevolution said:
Bump up the circuit breaker to handle the max load of the total fuses.

Good otherwise.

Also, since the switches will likely be in close proximity on the dash, they can share the same power in and ground. Since they are in essence a signal provider and carry no load in this configuration, you wont burn anything out, and will reduce wire clutter by running in a single power line to jumper across all three switches.
Thanks for the input. I've wired up some pretty hairy stuff in factories (440 at over 300 amps) but never done much in a vehicle. Since I don't plan to run everything at once I kept the circuit breaker at the same range as the fuses. I figured it was only to protect the main power line in case of a short before the fuse block. But now that I think on it more, you're right. It needs to be able to handle everything.

Nice diag BTW, looks like the FSM fold outs. Smile

~psguardian
Thank you Sir.

I was doing this kind of work for many years until the company shut down and blew away. Trying to make wiring diagrams so that even the least educated factory laborer could figure out how things go together. Some of the machines I've designed were bought by companies in South America and I was never asked to go "on-site" to give technical training to the plant employees during the initial installs. So I had to make things as easy and concise as possible. You wanna have a real fun time? Try doing this kind of diagram for an automated machine that has over 1000 wires going through it to activate different servo-motors, switches and electric eyes. It took 15 fully referenced drawings to layout the entire thing from the main breaker panel to the final belt stop! That was only for the mechanical part, the electrical schematics to the PLC's and controllers were a nightmare!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't suppose you want to clean up a schematic for me.......

I stripped down the harness for my bike and if I can manage to extract the single page from the PDF that is my service manual I'd love to make a new schematic to go with the rebuilt harness

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just let me know what you need and send the file to me. I can strip a single page from pretty much any PDF. Just tell me the page. Its the least I can do after all the good advice you've given to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.