Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Assuming you're talking about the front doors, I can tell you this: If it's anything like the Trooper, you'll need some buckets/risers to space the speakers away from the door panel, in order to clear the window regulator assembly. --- I ran into this problem myself, this past weekend, when I tried to mount a pair of 6.5" rounds, and discovered that they were too big for the factory mounts. --- My first thought was simply to cut away the existing bucket, until I realized that the speaker would be too far recessed inside of the door, making contact with the regulator.

HTH

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Wow! Long time no post, Bikesrcool! How you been?

I can't help you with your question as I have a '92 Rodeo. However, I think Smiley is right about needing to space them out, 6x9s are pretty big for door speakers

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Wouldn't that encroach on your leg space, maybe even get in your way when you drive?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Which doors? I just mounted 6x9's in my tailgate doors...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know that the space is tight as a frog's as* but possibly
a look at LOW PROFILE 6 x 9's would help. 8)
Check these out:
http://www.techronics.com/
•Boston Acoustics SC-95 6" x 9" SC Series 2-Way Car Speaker
•Top-mount depth: 2-9/16"
There are some others but these seem a real good value.
Hope that helps!
If the space is still a problem look at some stuff called "Star Board"
to create a back plate.
It's a marine grade plastic that is available 1/4" thick.
The low profile and the Star Board might get the clearance needed.
Repost if it works and include some pics!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rodeo joe said:
Wow! Long time no post, Bikesrcool! How you been?

I can't help you with your question as I have a '92 Rodeo. However, I think Smiley is right about needing to space them out, 6x9s are pretty big for door speakers
yeah man just worken a ton.. so ive been good
thanks for asking.. and im gona take it to the sub shop and ask what they wouuld do

·
Registered
336 Posts
You cant fit 6x9's in the door of a Rodeo, there's not even enough room for a 6X8. Unless (like said before) you build or buy some kind trim ring or spacer to bring it out from the door...and not just a little...a hell of a lot. To be honest it's not really worth all the work since you're gonna rattle the hell out of your door with a 6x9 running on the proper wattage. And if you're not planning on running it off an amp...than you probably don't need 6x9's...lol.

Of course this is referring to the passenger doors...the lift gate might have the room with some modification.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jaydubya2003 said:
You cant fit 6x9's in the door of a Rodeo, there's not even enough room for a 6X8. Unless (like said before) you build or buy some kind trim ring or spacer to bring it out from the door...and not just a little...a hell of a lot. To be honest it's not really worth all the work since you're gonna rattle the hell out of your door with a 6x9 running on the proper wattage. And if you're not planning on running it off an amp...than you probably don't need 6x9's...lol.

Of course this is referring to the passenger doors...the lift gate might have the room with some modification.
i have 2 amps a got a 4 channel hiphonics amp and a hiphonics mono

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.