Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a fuel pump now and trying to save money on everything.
I found there are some fuel pumps from ebay that only cost less than $30.
from rockauto is close to $100..
has anyone bought the cheap fuel pump from ebay and used it without the problems? how long would they last?

thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't say that I have bought it but I work in a shop and 2 weeks ago this guy had his jeep towed in and he had the exact same cheap ebay fuel pump for me to put in. I put it in and it worked fine but he had it towed back in on Friday and the new pump was shot so he had us put in a good one. I've seen it numerous times where someone puts in the cheap pump and ends up paying for it several months down the road. I would say the fuel pump is surely the part you would want to make sure is the best quality available. I would try to get an OEM pump if not I have had really good luck so far with denso fuel pumps.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying, I think I would go for a brand name one. But I don't want to pay 300+ like I did three years ago, it was $470 total in a local AAA shop.

do you also know if there's a simple way to clean out inside the tank? I feel the tank is so rust it just clog the pump and filter.

My trooper just losing power and stall today in highway, and have it towed back to my house and I hammered the tank few times it would start, but rough, then stalls. I will change the fuel filter tomorrow first and see if that helps. how about just change the fuel pump strainer? if that's only thing clogged?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'd stay away from Airtex. Put two of these in my BILs GMC and after the 2nd failed replaced it with an AC.

I haven't changed one in an Isuzu yet - is is possible to buy just the pump (without the sender and all that stuff) and just replace the pump? If so even a good brand pump like Walbro is reasonable if you just buy the pump.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i bought a napa bosch premium fuel pump on ebay fo my truck for 60 bucks.dont buy an airtex 8) recon

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can't speak for the Cheap pump on E-bay as I went with the AIRTEX..
Yea I know I've been reading more and more negatives on these lately.
Not sure how/when the AIRTEX pumps got the bad rap but I sure "hope" mine is the exception? Kinda sux cause I checked here "before" I went with the AIRTEX and didn't see all the neg comments I've seen lately..
Keeping my fingers crossed for sure but like I said before at least if it goes bad I'll be MUCH faster replacing it next time.. :p

Anyway, this thread may be of some help for the OP..
This is what I found in the Fuel tank of my Sons RODEO a couple weeks after we/he bought it:
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Clean out was done with a good cleaner, LOTS of water, and blown dry with the compressor. When I was all done it looked 100% better and the RODEO has been running great since.

BTW, I saved the PUMP that was taken out.. It was still working but the pick-up was bad and I decided to replace the pump & pickup.. "IF" your game to give it a go I'll let it go on the cheap.. I had listed it in the Classifieds before but got no bites.. I hate to throw something away that works so I have been saving it, however now I'm kinda tired of looking at it.. :wink:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info!! appreciate it!
I went ahead and bought the 44.99 one on ebay, I will try my luck, and I'm not afraid of drop the tank twice... and if this one fails soon I will go to bosch !

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pump came in the mail today... it looks like a good quality pump, it doesn't have Made in China sticker but I think still made in china.
it's heavy and well build i feel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.