Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was going to get new half shafts ordered and on the way to my house, before i start disasembly but i see there is 2 different ones so anybody know what i exactly need to order? or should I just give Jerry a call.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm not 100% certain on rodeos as I don't own one, but if they are the same as my first gens, heres' the scoop:

2 types, NSK and NTN. NSK are Japan built (VIN starts with a "J") and NTN are Taiwan built (VIN starts with a "T") The NSK shafts have a smooth exterior on the inboard housing (The "soup can" as Squatch calls it. It's where the half shafts goes into the diff) the NTN shafts will have a ribbed exterior on the inboard housing. You have to look at the housing as some folks have swapped the ENTIRE shafts with the other make. (they will fit into the diff as long as you swap the entire shaft) However, the NTN halfshafts don't play well with the NSK inboard housings and vise-versa.

FYI............The NTN shafts (Taiwan built) are the slightly bigger ones if I recall correctly.

ernie

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
ur welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts