Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us were talking about doing GWNF again soon while we were at URE. Just to get the ball rolling on this one I already have Memorial day weekend scheduled off as a long weekend. fri 5-27>>mon 5-31. That can be moved and I know Holiday weekends can be a a bit crazy. But I figured I'd throw that out there and get some feedback.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Count me in for either that weekend or the following one in June! Not having my Trooper at Uwharrie was disturbing... I need some 4low therapy!

Wayne, you should come up! The trails are easy but, beautiful. Tracy and I are talking about exploring some new areas on the next trip out there to see if we can find any challenges or new trails to run.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I'm going to put some serious thought into this. After my truck's done AKA when work quiets down! :shock:

·
Registered
976 Posts
2002trooper4me said:
Count me in for either that weekend or the following one in June! Not having my Trooper at Uwharrie was disturbing... I need some 4low therapy!

Wayne, you should come up! The trails are easy but, beautiful. Tracy and I are talking about exploring some new areas on the next trip out there to see if we can find any challenges or new trails to run.
Yep. I probably prefer the May weekend. Middle of June we're off on a road trip vacation. The more time I have to tune up the Rodeo the better.

Somebody remind me the name of riskier trail on the other side of 33. That sounded like a great adventure.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
PolarStar said:
Somebody remind me the name of riskier trail on the other side of 33. That sounded like a great adventure.
You are thinking of Dictum's Ridge. It is a part of Second Mountain trail.

The gate on the bottom of the trail on the VA side is locked except during hunting season. But, you can access it from the WV side via The Rough Run trail. We are going to be exploring some new areas this trip. This probably included.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, I'd like to go with you guys but I can't do that weekend or the first weekend of June - I'll be out in Western Maryland. Any thoughts on also doing this later in the summer?

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Will medic be able to make it? maybe..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Med!c said:
I'll believe that when I see it!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Should have plenty of time to wheel . . . Just filed my retirement papers. Last day is May 3rd.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
2002trooper4me said:
Med!c said:
I'll believe that when I see it!! :lol:
I'm actually waiting for my knuckle seals so I can install the knuckle and the hub, then go on the wheels.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hack said:
Should have plenty of time to wheel . . . Just filed my retirement papers. Last day is May 3rd.
Congratulations Mario!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
2002trooper4me said:
Hack said:
Congratulations Mario!!!!!!
Thanks. It was a spare of the moment thing. Just got fed up, went to HR and signed the papers. Trying to pick up a few contracts to supplement the income.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
88bronzetrooper said:
well congrats sir. What were u doing?
He could tell ya but then he'd have to kill ya. :lol: :lol:

Mario,

Congrats and best wishes on the retirement!! :D

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Economist. Basically got tired of having too much work with too few resource, I know that is common these days, but after 32 years. I had enough time in to walk. So let's go wheeling. :lol:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats my friend!

Leland are you coming up for this one? No problem here in a stock spacecab.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
squatch said:
Leland are you coming up for this one? No problem here in a stock spacecab.
I'm certainly considering attending this one now that my SC isn't spewing a qt of oil every 100 miles. LOL. So if all the stars & planets are in alignment, I just may be able to make it.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.