Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is interesting

------------------------
The following is not to scare anyone, just pass on information to help everyone hike safely. It is from John R. Price New Castle Ranger District GW/Jeff National Forest
540/864-5195 [email protected]

I spoke with a Virginia State Police undercover drug task force person. He and his crew have been rounding up their area drug producers, primarily Montgomery and Floyd county. They interview the arrestie/meth cooker and glean information on how they operate. What this deputy informed me is the cookers have changed tactics and are not cooking in rural homes and barns nearly as much as they used too. They are using a "one" or "two bottle" method cooking process to make meth and placing this contraption in the woods and driving away. They will return later to retrieve it once the cooking process has occurred.

Meth cookers sometimes cannot remember where they put their cooking contraption, or get scared off and abandoned it, or something happens to them, ie-arrested.

Every meth ingredient is poisonous,,,,,,,,,look meth recipe up on the internet and you will see caustic lye, lithium batteries (to generate heat for the process) and other nasty chemicals to extract the meth. Meth kitchens are notorious for blowing up and burning. A quick visit to google entered as "one bottle meth" will reveal all sorts of information on this problem.

The hard part,,,,,,,,,,,,, I know we have trash in the woods everywhere. Please think about the trash you are seeing in the woods and ask yourself, "Does this look like regular trash?" If you see soda bottles, two liter or smaller, jars, or other containers that have some unknown substance in or around them, coffee filters with unknown substance in or around them. Usually (but not always) a red or pink substance may indicate the presence of red devil lye extract. The absence of this red or pink marking does not mean you are not seeing a meth contraption.

If you think you see a meth cooking contraption, leave it alone and report it. If you think you see someone who is involved in cooking meth, leave them alone, write down all identifying information you can, time, day, place, vehicle info (license plate, type, make, color, etc.) and everything you can describing the individual(s) and report it immediately.

My point is, the meth cooker is cooking in the woods to further distance themselves from being caught and these cooking contraptions are out there and are very dangerous. I mentioned Montgomery and Floyd counties earlier but if these area meth cookers are cooking in the woods I am sure meth cookers everywhere are using this tactic.
-------------------------------------

Worth noting.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Wonderful. It's time to make it legal to just bust a cap in the perp for anyone that happens to run across them in the woods. Then just report where you left the corpse! Another good reason to have radio in your truck.

Here's my radio call: "Mr Ranger Sir, I just violated the civil rights of a meth cooking scum bucket by removing his sorry self from the gene pool with my 44 mag. He'll be easy to find just look for the hyped up buzzards. Please send your folks up to pick up the trash!"

Thanks for posting Mark.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
squatch said:
Here's my radio call: "Mr Ranger Sir, I just violated the civil rights of a meth cooking scum bucket by removing his sorry self from the gene pool with my 44 mag. He'll be easy to find just look for the hyped up buzzards. Please send your folks up to pick up the trash!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
2002trooper4me said:
squatch said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it!!
Ditto that!!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
During my Georgia State Probation days, my partner and I busted 2 separate mobile meth labs. People here in RIC have no idea how bad or deadly this stuff is. The labs are always a hodge podge of whatever that particular lab is using to make their signature "brand". The common thing is that it's always dangerous no matter what. The good thing is these guys aren't going to be putting their precious labs out where we can run over them or see them. They will use the same paths we do to get into the woods, but they will then take the labs waaaay off the beaten path.

This is another good reason we need to carry whenever we go off roading. While most meth heads are cowardly and wastes of flesh, if you've never had to tangle with one while they are geeked up, you don't want too. Ask me how I know. My partner and I arrested a meth-head in my office in 2003. I'm not a small man, weighed in at about 200 then, and my partner was 6'6 and about 300 pounds. The probationer was at the most 5'8, 130 pounds soaking wet. He nearly handled my partner AND me at the same time when I was trying to cuff him. It ended up taking 3 of us to bring him to the ground, flip him over and cuff him.

Meth = stay the f!!! away.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I saw a piece on the news about this a few years ago. Meth is some nasty stuff. I love your post Squatch! :D

I guess if anybody is doing the right thing and picking up any trash they find, be careful what you pick up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.