Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This jackass was walking on the sidewalk and my Rodeo was parked with the rear facing the sidewalk (I was sitting in the driver seat), as he walked by with his buddy he kicked the rear so ****ing hard, I thought I got rear ended. He didn't see me in the driver seat but I got out and gave those ****s a scare, problem is now I've got this terrible reverberating rattle whenever I hit a pot hole or even go over a bit of gravel.

It isn't that bad, but it almost sounds like something isn't locked all the way. Anyway, I check the rear window, the rear door and the wheel assembly and everything is locked strong, but it just annoys the **** out of me that this new sound is cuz some stupid **** thought he was hard.

Any ideas what this rattle might be and what to do to stop it?

(Since when does PlanetIsuzoo censor the f word)

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Cenya said:
...(Since when does PlanetIsuzoo censor the f word)
Seems to be a recent addition, the language filter... But we are suppose to be a family friendly internet destination lol.

As for the Tard-ball that kicked ur spare, good on you for jumping out & giving his heart a jump! I would take the tire down & go over all the welds to be sure one didn't crack, then go over all the moving parts & see if one isn't warped out of round.

~psguardian

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
psguardian said:
I would take the tire down & go over all the welds to be sure one didn't crack, then go over all the moving parts & see if one isn't warped out of round.

~psguardian
Which moving parts are you referring to and what do you mean 'warped out of round'? Also should I look at welded spots other than the wheel's holding frame?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Check all the welds on the tire carrier, & surrounding its mounting points on the body/frame.

All moving parts such as latch & hinge, tire lock if you aren't just using lug-nuts.

Out of round as in, he may have kicked the carrier soo hard he bent the hinge pin or one of the pin guides in the hinge. Or may have tweaked the latch.

If the carrier as a whole comes up clean spread to surrounding areas on the body/bumper/frame. Something has to have come loose... or did he just shake dirt/grit/rust out of a tight spot that now allows things to rub against each other?

~psguardian

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Cenya said:
This jackass was walking on the sidewalk and my Rodeo was parked with the rear facing the sidewalk (I was sitting in the driver seat), as he walked by with his buddy he kicked the rear so -------- hard, I thought I got rear ended.
Just.. Just, why?

·
Registered
677 Posts
If he kicked it so hard you thought you'd been rear ended, the rattle maybe be coming from inside the gate. The impact might have loosened one of the rods that go to the window release or the gate latch. So if its not the actual carrier, pull the panel off the gate and check everything inside.

Had it been me, I'd have gotten out and kicked his rear end hard enough so that he'd remember it the rest of his life...

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
I would have given him a good kick and rattled his nuts loose. Patience for these idiots dwindles every day for me...

good god, I hope you get it figured out.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I wonder if you kicked him in the nuts just as hard if they would make an annoying rattle after.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imamonstertruck said:
Patience for these idiots dwindles every day for me...
Same here. Not worth it to retaliate, though.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
FL 3.2L said:
imamonstertruck said:
Patience for these idiots dwindles every day for me...
Same here. Not worth it to retaliate, though.
It's no use arguing with an idiot. They'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Kickin' spare tires just for grins...
well now...Florida is a CCW state.
Oh never mind that...there a song just for them:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts