Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I come to the boards again in search of a bit of help. You guys havent let me down before no need to start now!!!! :D

Now I've never noticed this before and it very well may be normal, but when the clutch is released in Neautral (or at the bottom of 1st gear for that matter) there's a grinding noise like gears catching almost... cant think of any other way to describe the noise.

Is this the throwout bearing (keep in mind it happens at the beginning of 1st gear too) or something else? We're looking at a solid 9,600 miles on her so I'm hoping theres no bad news here.

Obnoxious noise but I was just wondering if it was normal. Thanks in advance for responses.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
A grinding noise is definalty not normal.

My first thought was throwout bearing too, usually noise in neutral is a sign of a bad one. I have never seen one fail with only 10k miles on it though.

Maybe something with the TOD not fully releasing? I dont know enough about that system to know if thats possible though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Thanks for the reply. My Rod. is 2wd so TOD wouldnt be the noise. I couldnt think of a better word than a "Grinding Noise". It does seem way too early for a Throw Out bearing (which makes more of a whirling noise if I'm not mistaken).

I know when I take it in into the dealer (to get my CD player replaced) they are just going to tell me its a normal noise so I'm hoping someone can verify as to whether thats true or what it most likely is. :?: :?:

One Thing To Add: Its not particularly loud but its definitely audible. When parking in my garage, it echos and is quite annoying.

DAMN IT MY 99 Passport EX-L WAS PERFECT!!! I Shouldnt have sold it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
so if the clutch makes a noise when in neutral (sounds like someone is reversing fast) then it's the throw out bearing?

How big of a fix is this? Can you do it without having to re-do the clutch?

I got this bearing noise and have been trying to track it down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well looks like I'm just gonna have to live with it since no one else has had the problem and found a fix. Its an obnoxious noise. I'm just going to trade it in for a Prius next year or something b/c the dealer service is terrible in addition to everything.

I used to love Isuzu too. This is very depressing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts