Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when leaving a stoplight there is a grinding noise in the rear somewhere. sounds like it could be shackles need greasing but im not sure. anyone heard this before? its a 95 rodeo

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
few more details- appeared after i went airborne for the first time (hopefully only), doesnt do it all the time, just every now and then, also sounds like it is coming from the rear like under the body somewhere.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
check your rear shackle bushings, if the leaf spring looks not on center in the bushings, they might have worn thru and now you have the shackles rubbing the leaf springs. On acceloration, the back sags and then you would hear a metal sound. Although i have worn thru bushings before and never heard a grinding sound. Check it out. If the post going thru the leaf spring is not centered and the leaf spring looks like its sitting closer to the shackle, take the shackles off (15/16" wrench or 7/8" i forget) and check it out. Energy Suspension makes polyurethane replacements. If they are OK, grease them well. check to see if the sides of the bushings are worn also. let us now how it goes
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.