Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right...oil with a green tint and my how fast it drips! Thinking that I am getting oil and water together somewhere behind timing chain cover. Not over heating and I don't have major coolant loss. I'd say it's more oil than water. I'm thinking (for sanity's sake) that it's the head gasket or maybe cam or crank seal. I know block could be cracked, but it looks like it coming from upper right (driver's side) front of the engine. Haven't done more diagnosis than that due to recent drive shaft issues (see Carrier Bearing Gone... thread for that debacle).

Any thoughts, ideas, or opinions of places to look and things to think about would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This sounds like oil from the AC compressor, considering the compressor is on the top drivers side of the engine and the oil usually comes with dye in it making it green. I'd start there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are in the right location, but that wouldn't cause my motor oil to go away. It appears that this leak is coming from that general area though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I found the leak. It appears to be from oil cooler line right below the valve cover behind the compressor. Not really sure how to tackle this one. Never had to do any work with that part. Are fittings that can be tightened or does it sound more like a busted line? Hope I can get to it this weekend. I am leaving WAY too many oil spots. Anything else In that area I should look for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts