Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures that were taken at the Great American Park in Auburn, AL this weekend. It is a pretty sweet park with lots of obstacles and trails.

Huge Chevy on Rockwells

Some SxS and a little track they had for them. The guy in the red one about flipped going up this hill.

Pretty sweet little Samurai

He got hung up on this rock and they tried to rock him off, but ended up winching out

FJZ80 crawler on 40s. He broke a birf climbing this hill

A couple of Toyota crawlers were next

Nobody rode this area while we were there. I think the Trooper could have made it

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after we watched those guys wheel for awhile, we decided to venture off and find some moderate trails. Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of the harder trails we ran because we were too busy spotting each other.

These were two pretty deep and steep holes dug one after another. It made for a good rooster tail in 2wd.

Off to find some rocks

I had a lot of fun. Wish they were going to be open again this summer, I'd be down there for sure.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Cool! Your trucks look so tame compared to those others lol

I hope to make it back there some time soon... just imagine truck racing over those obstacles in some of your pictures. :D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ruination said:
Cool! Your trucks look so tame compared to those others lol

I hope to make it back there some time soon... just imagine truck racing over those obstacles in some of your pictures. :D
Oh yeah, we were definitely the most stock trucks there that were doing any crawling. Some guys on 4wheelers stopped and watched us for awhile amazed that we were going up part of this hill in the background of the picture below.

It is a pretty cool place to play. There are lots of obstacles with room to pick lines ranging from hard to moderate. I really wish I had a set of sliders, I would have tried a lot more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That place isnt too far away since I'm in north alabama. I think I'll definitely have to check that place out this summer. Looks like an awesome place to have some fun. :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Awesome pics. Your trooper looks great with the indy4x bumper.

·
Registered
74 Posts
G'day Hatfield!

Love your front bar mate, where'd it come from?? Airbag compatible? Just bought a stock '98 Jackaroo SE and I think your bar would look the shiz on mine!!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I'd like to go wheel that park one of these days. How far is it for you Hatfield?

It was fun watching the Darlington team race it! It used to be a golf course. The rival course bought it out and converted it to this park. All of those rocks in the rock garden were trucked in. Says a lot about the amount of work they have put into this place.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Burgo said:
G'day Hatfield!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/ ... C_1951.jpg

Love your front bar mate, where'd it come from?? Airbag compatible? Just bought a stock '98 Jackaroo SE and I think your bar would look the shiz on mine!!
Thanks man. The bumper was made by Independent4x. I am not sure if it is airbag compatible, you'd have to ask them. It will probably cost quite a bit to get one shipped down under, but check out TJM and ARB. They are both headquartered in Australia.

Cronk said:
I'd like to go wheel that park one of these days. How far is it for you Hatfield?

It was fun watching the Darlington team race it! It used to be a golf course. The rival course bought it out and converted it to this park. All of those rocks in the rock garden were trucked in. Says a lot about the amount of work they have put into this place.
It's about 3hrs from me, ~200miles. The next opening they have is in August, Rockfest. That's when all the buggies show up, so I'll definitely be there. We talked to one of the main guys over the park and he said they had some plans to get done this summer, can't wait to see what they have in store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.