Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
I had 1 filling, and all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting... awake. I worked 36 hours later too, with no bruises and very little swelling. Coworkers couldn't even tell. It pays to have a good dentist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
I had everything that was left yanked back in September and still have not gotten the permanent replacements.

Its terrible to get old... after all these years to end up wearing falsies and I aint even a woman!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
johnnie59 said:
I had everything that was left yanked back in September and still have not gotten the permanent replacements.

Its terrible to get old... after all these years to end up wearing falsies and I aint even a woman!
You been eating pudding, since september ???

:shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Ugh. Do wisdom teeth have to come out? I still have mine and I can feel them coming through actually, with no pain whatsoever!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mediamonkey11 said:
Ugh. Do wisdom teeth have to come out? I still have mine and I can feel them coming through actually, with no pain whatsoever!
if they're coming thru on an angle, ya, they need to get yanked, other wise, you'll be in pain when they start shifting your other teeth.

my bottoms were coming in on an angle, and the tops were fine, but i decided, since im still covered under the dental thru my work, may as well get them pulled :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Aah, I should probably go to the dentist :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Selador AKA Tat said:
You been eating pudding, since september ???

:shock:
No, had temps, but could not eat a good steak cause the temps could not chew the meat. Its been hamburgers, hot dogs, fish, soup and sandwiches. Nothing that required any real biting or chewing... Supposed to have the perms in another week. Maybe I can enjoy a good meal again....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Even if they come in fine, if you end up with a crowded jaw it's wise to have them removed or you will spend lots of time at the orthadontist getting braces. or in my case, teeth were too close and I couldnt clean between them properly with floss and a brush so they rotted from the insides and had two abscess and collapse. I had all 4 of mine done at once and one molar next to the worst one because the infection spread.

From my experience, don't F around with your teeth. On the up side, I was a lot like justwork and recovered pretty quick. I think the worst part was going to the Pharmacy with a completely numb mouth and cotton jammed in the back. Aside from the drooling blood part it wasn't that bad, until the gal at the pharmacy decided she had to play 20 questions with me... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,257 Posts
justwork said:
I had 1 filling, and all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting... awake. I worked 36 hours later too, with no bruises and very little swelling. Coworkers couldn't even tell. It pays to have a good dentist.
there is a dentist who was on the news that would use hypnosis to make the brain think that what was being felt as "good" and not pain, and he'd do root canals without any drugs what so ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,859 Posts
justwork said:
I had 1 filling, and all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting... awake. I worked 36 hours later too, with no bruises and very little swelling. Coworkers couldn't even tell. It pays to have a good dentist.
Aren't you a pilot? :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but...

A word to anyone who has teeth and diabetes.... Diabetes effects the circulatory system and can cause gum disease. Gum disease can cause tooth loss. The gums shrink and the teeth simply fall out one by one until there aren't any left. That is pretty much what happened to mine. Over the years I'd lost all but 10 (5 uppers and 5 lowers) despite daily brushing and flossing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
johnnie59 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but...

A word to anyone who has teeth and diabetes.... Diabetes effects the circulatory system and can cause gum disease. Gum disease can cause tooth loss. The gums shrink and the teeth simply fall out one by one until there aren't any left. That is pretty much what happened to mine. Over the years I'd lost all but 10 (5 uppers and 5 lowers) despite daily brushing and flossing.
On the inverse of that, one can cause problems from brushing. I know a gal that brushed 3-4 times a day, but because she pushed too hard she actually had gum erosion, and ended up causing damage to the base of her teeth and had to have almost all of them pulled. This is the reason I use a soft brush and brush lightly.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top