Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished the install of a Calmini header on my 2.6 Trooper. It was about 10 pm when I finished so I didn't fire it up.

I will start it as soon as I get home today :twisted: I gotta see what it sounds like with an open header.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to make the collector I got from Tad to work. The Calmini header points downward. I need the collector to come back up toward the underside so it will go through the frame. I knew I was going to need to cut Tad's collector pipe, but I thought it would at least point in the right direction. I guess I would need

I really don't think I want to put my brand new flex pipe in bent. I'm thinking it should be in a straight orientation.

Oh well, I'll post back when I get my new Catco cat and Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler on. I'm thinking 'm going to love it. We'll find out

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Can you do this:

http://tad.luddite.net/gallery/88Troo ... m/DSC00039

Weld the flex right at the flange? I mean cut the flange from the pipe that I mailed you off and weld it onto one end of the flex? I realize that the flange in that pic isn't exactly the same, but you get the idea.

-Tad

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I want to do, only problem is the Calmini header is pointing in the direction of that section that has the red and white sticker on it. I need to see if I can get a bent piece of pipe and cut the piece you sent me and weld the two together so that they will point through the frame like it should.

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
yeah, im building a crewcab as we all know and i wanted to put a Calmini header on the 2.6L to help it along abit, but i saw that the header points downward abit too much and since the truck is lowered doesnt help either. I saw a Pacesetter installed once, but the flange was thinner and when the truck was warmed up the engine compartment would be like a blast oven and the header would be glowing a nice shade of FIRE ;) anyway, let me know how it comes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts