Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMPITY! I saw an ad on CL for a full 2000 Amigo w/hard top COMPLETE for $500....blown engine I think, but I wish I would have seen it and made an offer on the top (or the whole thing) before it sold :(

So....still needing one :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
The doors for the hardtop and soft top should be the same. There are 2 mounting brackets that hold the rear window to the door. There should be 4 plugs on the rear door panel, remove those and there should be places to bolt the rear windw mouting brackets to.

Scott

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scott said:
The doors for the hardtop and soft top should be the same. There are 2 mounting brackets that hold the rear window to the door. There should be 4 plugs on the rear door panel, remove those and there should be places to bolt the rear windw mouting brackets to.

Scott
Scott,

I guess I wasn't that clear. I don't need the door, I know that part, what I need is the glass and the mounting brackets. Mine also doesn't have the plugs and will have to be drilled I guess. They have the round spots on the back panel, but they are not removable.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
BMiller said:
Mine also doesn't have the plugs and will have to be drilled I guess. They have the round spots on the back panel, but they are not removable.
Yes, just put a hole in the plastic cover right in the center of those 4 circles, just be careful not to damage the treads as the mounting points are right behind the plastic cover. When I did the ones on my daughter's Amigo, I popped the cover off, just to be safe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See, that has me thinking I was right that the '98 does in fact have a different tailgate as I don't believe a hard top was offered until '99. The only reason I say that is that those 4 spots, only 3 have surface behind them with holes, the upper left one is a large opening. That and there are no threaded areas, just holes.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
BMiller said:
See, that has me thinking I was right that the '98 does in fact have a different tailgate as I don't believe a hard top was offered until '99. The only reason I say that is that those 4 spots, only 3 have surface behind them with holes, the upper left one is a large opening. That and there are no threaded areas, just holes.
open tail gate,grab bottom of plastic panel and pull it off...see if threaded holes are there...should be

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bansil said:
BMiller said:
open tail gate,grab bottom of plastic panel and pull it off...see if threaded holes are there...should be
If you saw in my SC thread, I took the panel off before heading down. No threaded sections below. I'll have to take better pics.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just did the same thing to my 98 and it does or should have the braces in the tailgate already. I contacted jlemmon and he had the brackets and the needed hardware kit to mount the glass and the price was very good. The back glass is available anywhere for around $425.00 but you will need a weather strip wind lace to go on the htop against the glass to make it water tight. The weather strip doesn't have it's own PN so again jlemmon is the guy. We all make or fab items for our zu's but the rear glass brackets are stamped and engineered to allow some flex, tight enough to seal but not so tight that the $425 window explodes on the first speed bump. Good luck with your project it will be so worth it!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The top on Lisa's 01 is off a 98 and that top has been on several amigo's in the community

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I'll snap a pic of the tgate holes this weekend and text it to you

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found one in Coeburn, VA (50 miles away), but when I got them on the phone they told me some teens broke into their salvage yard a bit ago and smashed all the glass out of 300+ cars.....well wouldn't you know it WAS ONE OF THEM :evil:

The search continues....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts