Isuzu SUV Forum banner

got hit

4K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  NCEvets 
#1 ·
yup...got hit by a driver...who lost control on a wet stretch of road, spun around...hit one vehicle...then continued on and spun by..and clipped me... I'll know whether or not it'll get fixed ..or my lame *** insurance co, will try to total her...Always told the blowzos...that it's gonna get repaired..one way or another..

Attachments

See less See more
  • Sad
Reactions: NCEvets
#27 ·
"Total" doesn't have to equal the actual value of the vehicle, it only has to be a PERCENTAGE of the value. The other factor is "hidden damage". There can be structural damage (bent frame, brackets, etc.) that add to the cost. That's what killed my Subaru when it looked like "slap a new fender and plastic bumper on there and go". It also depends on the shop. With quality shops charging up to 5K for a quality paint job, it adds up quickly.
Glad you got to keep your truck. Dennis

#28 ·
DSUZU said:
"Total" doesn't have to equal the actual value of the vehicle, it only has to be a PERCENTAGE of the value. The other factor is "hidden damage". There can be structural damage (bent frame, brackets, etc.) that add to the cost. That's what killed my Subaru when it looked like "slap a new fender and plastic bumper on there and go". It also depends on the shop. With quality shops charging up to 5K for a quality paint job, it adds up quickly.
Glad you got to keep your truck. Dennis
you nailed it exactly...and yeah, a quality paint job does cost bucks..from prepping the area, to final painting..problem being, some people want quality paint job at maalco prices....and the majority of low budget paint jobs, are horrid.....trust me, I've seen my share of 'em.....pencil in other costs....like parts, and hourly labour..which costs....add it all together...and voila, large bill....to the previous question..yes, it was worth it to me....every gosh darn dime. and yes, 4 Runners, especially gen 3's, hold prices very well...during the time my vehicle was in repair limbo, I quietly searched the tri-state area..looking for a similar 4 runner..or a gen 4 or 5...the what few Gen 3's..were going for anywhere from 4k to 10K plus...depending how tricked out they were, etc.....I did see a few gen 3's for around 1500 but, they were trashed out. or suffered the dreaded frame rot...the newer 4 runners...I was looking at 20K plus....easy.......so I made the decision to spend ' x ' number of dollars to repair my '97 Limited....and guess what ? the shop exceeded my expectations..they did a first rate job...and right now, I have a virtually new truck....and one of the factors I looked at, I know EXACTLY what I had with my '97. no surprises...where a 'new' used vehicle, there's that shake down period..seeing what holds up...and what could be ready for potential failure, etc....one way or another, I was going to spend the money....and bottom line, you can't put a price on pleasure.....next month, I'll have the pleasure of court, with the dishonest insurance company, and I'll win..and re coop my money...and you know what ? even if I don't get back one red cent...I still would have REPAIRED my 4 Runner.......

Attachments

#33 ·
JoeIsuzu said:
Skeletor, who did your bodywork and paint? Do you recommend them? I'm looking for someone to paint my P'up, and although I've found someone, I'm not committed yet.

Jack
hey Jack, thanks for checking in...The shop that handled my 4Runner...is Brewer's located on poplar near cleveland. yeah, I would recommend them..they do good work..have used 'em for both my Fiero..and the 4 runner......Check with Mr. Brewer (owner) or Tracy (office mgr) and go from there..good luck

#34 ·
Skeletor said:
JoeIsuzu said:
Skeletor, who did your bodywork and paint? Do you recommend them? I'm looking for someone to paint my P'up, and although I've found someone, I'm not committed yet.

Jack
hey Jack, thanks for checking in...The shop that handled my 4Runner...is Brewer's located on poplar near cleveland. yeah, I would recommend them..they do good work..have used 'em for both my Fiero..and the 4 runner......Check with Mr. Brewer (owner) or Tracy (office mgr) and go from there..good luck
I'll check with them (but it's possible I already have). So many shops nowadays won't touch a whole paint job -- collision work only.

Jack

#35 ·
Font Art Happy Extinction Photo caption

I've thought about using Hagerty insurance, as they are great with classic cars...but maybe older Isuzus aren't quite there yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.