Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been unemployed for about 4 weeks now and have to much time on my hands, so I ripped out my system and reinstalled it cleaner. Here some random shots of some of my equipment. Soon to get a new soft top with tinted windows. The 500/1 powers the subs then I have two of the MRP220 Alpine amps, one for the front and one for the rear. You can't see em but I also have some power acoustic tweets in the factory locations on the front doors, makes for a very nice crisp sound stage. I'll probably get some better shots of the whole thing put back together. Job interview tomorrow, so hopefully I'll start getting some money coming in again. :twisted:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey where in Wisconsin are you? I'm down in Elkhorn, and if you like I could help you rerun all the wires.

Used to do stereo installs for a living and nothing drives me nuts faster than seeing wires run around door frames and along the side of the carpet. I'm a stickler for a clean install lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I hate it too i just haven't gotten the will power together to run it through the firewall. I'm in Waukesha, so a bit of a drive however. I've only seen one other amigo around here, a 1st gen. Quite a bit of Rodeo's though. Thanks for the offer though, someone should organize a WI meet. Be nice to meet some of the fellow isuzu people. The speakers are Dual Illuminite
5 1/4's, 50 watts rms, 135 watts peak. 89 db sensitivity and hit from 60 hz up to 20khz. Cheap speakers but they sound great, I've had them for about a year and a half now.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Heh, Waukesha aint that far lol. I got a buddy in West Allis that comes down on a regular basis, and I hit up his place here and there. We've got some good food around here, you should come down sometime :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im am sucker for good food. Let me know maybe we can set something up, right now things are kinda hecktic with trying to get a job. I get to see the doctor tomorrow and turn my head and cough, yey for D.O.T physicals. But once I'm a little more established I'm down. Honestly I didn't know there was another member this close. As for being under a soft top, ya it kinda scares me too, but at least she's got a garage to sleep in at night. Still has a DEI alarm on it though. I'm already over paranoid as my first car had the system stolen out of it.... bastards.

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you are overly worried about security, the best thing can do with a soft top is get a cover for the back area behind the seat, like a rollout cover in Subarus, also make sure that people cannot see the other speakers, or wiring that indicates a system, and of course take the faceplate of the cd player in with you if possible. In the case of your flipout dvd player, make a flap door for the stereo portion that you can snap on/off. If they cant see anything when they shine a light in the window, its not worth their time to cut through the roof and look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about that but that damn deck sticks out about a half inch so I'm not to sure how to go about that. As for the rear cover, I should "borrow" my moms outa her taurus wagon, otherwise it just sits in the garage. Might look kinda corny with a tan cover in a dark colored interior, but then again I don't really fall into the "normal" category.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.