Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be what will save the rack and pinion....all credit goes to Joe Darlington he gave me the idea...

i have calmini control arms so its different then what most of you second gen owners have...but the idea is still the same. Its been decided that the reason that the rack blows out is due to excesive down travel that causes a seal inside to brake which in turn leads to all the fluid leaking out....or something like that i dont really care i just dont want it to happen again cuz its a pain to fix..... :D :D

Notice the new bolt on top of the control arm

A droop snubber from indy4x

I can set it to whatever level i want the control arm to stop at. It hits this part(where its bright blue)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
This is good.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Stupid lag.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Fine for those with the calmini kit, doesnt help us with stock parts up front. That blue bar is a calmini piece. We have nothing for the bump stop to hit, and no holes in the UCA for mounting a bump stop.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gizmo42 said:
Fine for those with the calmini kit, doesnt help us with stock parts up front. That blue bar is a calmini piece. We have nothing for the bump stop to hit, and no holes in the UCA for mounting a bump stop.
Talk to joe he showed me his and it was a very simple job i would think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.