Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get new rear shocks for my 2000 isuzu rodeo, it will have two inches of lift using those poly spacers. After about 6 months (when my tires run down) i'm going to get another inch or two of lift. Any recommendations as far as shocks go, i'm not looking to spend alot of money (like any of us are), also a good place to get them would be nice as well.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My choice would be ProComp ES3000's. I think they are about the best bang for the buck. I got mine from Independent4x.com. Matt will make sure you get the right shock for your existing and future lift.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A little more expensive, but I recommend the RAncho RS9000 shock. I personally had an experience where I bought a set of shocks and then didn't like the ride from them, so out the window and bought a new set of shocks. The 9000 are adjustable and you can determine how soft or stiff you want the ride.

They are more spendy though. ALways like to give an opinion :D

Also, with what you are going to have to do to add the spacers, you will have to do all of the same work to add the new springs. I think a set of Stock trooper springs will give you some additional lift, so you might consider that if you can find a set from someone that lifted their trooper.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd recommend OME's. I had them, switched to 9000xs, and I'll go back to OME's soon. They are heavier duty, firmer, and absorb bumps in terrain better with less bounce. Great combo with their 912 coils. Just my .02.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about the sensa trac, and also are there any other types of adjustable shocks besides the ranchos

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
and also are there any other types of adjustable shocks besides the ranchos
Procomp makes an adjustable shock, MX6 I think. I seem to recal them being about as pricey as Ranchos. I don't know anyone who has run them, so that's about all I can tell you.

Andre

·
Registered
143 Posts
I decided to try some FabTech 3-position shocks. They were only 35.00 each and were recommended by 4WheelParts because of the adjustability. The 3 positions are:
1 - Street / Light Off-Road use
2 - Moderate Off Road use
3 - Heavy Off-Road use

Mine are set on #1 position and have softened up since the 1st 1k miles were put on. They were a little stiff when new.

part # FTS9330

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just replaced the pro-comp 3000's with sensa's. MUCH better ride. Doesn't feel like I'm driving a stage-coach anymore. Supposedly they adjust to the road condition, but I mainly concerned with everyday driving. Right now sears has them installed for free + a buy three get one free rebate...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.