1,041 Posts
Some people just have wayyyy too much money

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I'd love to try that, looks like a blast :D

pmat said:
Some people just have wayyyy too much money
Move to North Korea you commie bastard!! 8)

kidding, kidding.

Seriously though, I hear this occasionally and I don't get where this statement or figure of speech comes from. :? Who decides what is "too much money"? I'm sure some people would look at some of the built Isuzu's on here and say the same thing. Fact is the same thing is probably said by people about almost any hobby (except their own ones) including off-roading.

Besides, they are stimulating the economy by supporting their local ammo and hobby stores.

Plus ECONOMIC BONUS!!! I bet most of that ammo was made in the USA! :thumbup: As well as all the Barrett, Browning and Colt firearms I saw.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
People can do whatever they want to with their money and Sags, I agree. I heard a co-worker say the other day, "That's just more money than anyone should have or need." I thought the same thing. Who is she to decide? Being rich is not a sin.

Anyways, the video seems like it was fun but also seems kind of wasteful.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Years ago when I was working in the Concrete/Asphalt Demo business - as the only mechanic and the field rep for those 'aggressive' jobs, we had a repeat job every year for a multimillionaire.

We got called to remove his 1/4 mile long, four-lane driveway every year.

He always had his kitchen staff prepare a long table outside for our whole crew, with cooks and servers taking care of us for breakfast, lunch and if we were there late, for dinner too. He always attended these meals and often walked out to the equipment to look at it and generally talk to us all.

I asked him why he had us do this every year when there were no problems with the old driveway.

He said: "Look - I'm a very rich man and I can't spent all my money in thirty lifetimes - so I hire people to do these things for me. I don't NEED these things, but you need to pay your rent, buy food and clothe your kids, that's why I do it".

He humbled me, seriously! I saw this very rich man who had presidents and Supreme Court Justices stay at his home, had over 100 full time grounds keepers on payroll and housed all their families for free on that same property and generally gave more than he took, spending money to keep the wheels rolling around him.

He's passed away now - and I know that prolly everyone here has either seen his name, his accolades, heard the stories about him or watched one of his sponsored PBS shows.

People like that are a real blessing in this rotten world.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Okay so don't be stingy Joe, who was it?! :lol:

I've known of other very wealthy people to be very giving as well. I've known some to be selfish, greedy jerks too. It just depends on that person's nature. Chances are the guy you are talking about would have been generous even if he were poor or middle class or whatever. Some people are just giving.

I just hate the attitude of some people who think it's their right to tell someone else what they should and should not have. MOST millionaires in this country are self made and first generation. Why shouldn't they deserve everything they've earned. It's communist to believe another should be able to stifle that. I bet you if the person who covets another's fortune had one of their own, they would be selfish with it.

Oops, just realized a soapbox somehow appeared underneath me. Going over here now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts