Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, you can run a vin for free on the web and it will tell you if it IS stolen or not. If you wanted to pay for a carfax, it should tell you it's history (as if it's ever BEEN stolen before). It'd be worth a tire-kick and test-drive if you're in the market and have the mun IMHO.

Cheers!
-Mike

·
Registered
199 Posts
yes it will have a 3.2 but you should try to figure out if its SOHC or DOHC because there is a slight difference in performance, I got lucky and my '96 SOHC was the first year they tuned the 3.2 SOHC to produce a little more power

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
It will have either the DOHC 190 hp 3.2L or the SOHC 175 hp 3.2L. They can be identified visually by the placement of the ignition coil packs - the DOHC has them at the rear of the engine, the SOHC has them at the front. I think the SOHC is more common. The SOHC has hydraulic valve lifters that often tick, but that is not really a problem.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Back in march I paid 1300 for a super clean 88 with 223k and have since put over 1500 into it. If you like it and it runs, grab it... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnaks a lot for the replies I am going to to try and call him Staurday. Maybe he will still have it.

I didn't use to care to much for the 2nd gens but they have started to grow on me, and I like the white.

But dont worry the 1st gens will always be y favorites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts