Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm looking to replace the "slap worn out" shocks and struts on my rodeo. Unfortunately, these aren't something I'm willing to grab from a junkyard, so the EL CHEAPO project may take a hit in the wallet. :(

I want something moderately trail-capable. I'm not even sure if my set up would require shocks with longer travel or not, so that's where I'm relying on you guys' expertise!

Couple of things you guys may wanna know:

1. At the moment, my rear shocks are so GONE that I put 4 tires in the truck, and the rear end dropped about 2"!!

2. They don't have to be "highway friendly" at all

3. The 2" torsion bar/shackle lift is probably as far up as it's ever gonna go.

4. I'll probably never get to rock crawl.

5. I'm not brand name conscious WHATSOEVER. if y'all tell me that PEP BOYS shocks/struts would perform well, I'm ALL OVER IT!!

Thanx fellas!!

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Get yourself some skyjacker hydro's, cheap and they work pretty well for what your describing.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
ya you can find them cheap with the scratch/dent ones. I bought a full set from Top Gun when I had my '97 and they worked good even on 4" of lift

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Calmini's are cheap and work well. I ran em for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I have Calmini's on my passport but don't have enough miles on them for a real opinion. The 60 mile trip to work and putt'n around my neighborhood they seem good

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Monroe sensa-tracs are all I run..very cheap and come with a lifetime warranty; I have a 2" lift as well, shocks are just fine and very smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.