Isuzu SUV Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
drb930 said:
So you are saying that the flush mounter center cap Axiom wheels are not 108mm center hole?
Kind of. The main hole is 108mm, but there is an extra ring about 1/4" thick and wide around the inside that prevents the wheels from fitting over the front hubs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Enemigo said:
drb930 said:
So you are saying that the flush mounter center cap Axiom wheels are not 108mm center hole?
Kind of. The main hole is 108mm, but there is an extra ring about 1/4" thick and wide around the inside that prevents the wheels from fitting over the front hubs.

Thanks for that.
2002 they changed the hubs to the sealed bearings that don't protrude with a "Hub Cap".
I'll get the ones like you have with the raised centers as mine is a 98.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Enemigo said:
I just put Axiom 17" wheels on my Trooper. There are two different styles of Axiom wheels though. The wheels with flush center caps only fit on the rear and would need to be bored out to fit the front.

Dang! I've got the flush caps wheels from an 02. Where can I get them bored out?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I've talked to a machinist that said he could do it, but I would have to take the tire off and for just one, I think it would have cost me more than I paid for all the wheels together from the junk yard. I didn't get an actual quote, but I was thinking it was going to be around $100. I eventually got 1.5" wheel spacers, and then that style wheel would fit over the SuperWinch manual hubs I was running. However, I recently switched to the Aisin manual hubs, and now that wheel won't fit on front again.

I guess Toyota guys have some wheel with a similar issue, and guys have been just using a router with a guide bearing and taking the lip off themselves. Apparently that drove all the machinists crazy, but they apparently didn't have any problems with anything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Enemigo said:
I've talked to a machinist that said he could do it, but I would have to take the tire off and for just one, I think it would have cost me more than I paid for all the wheels together from the junk yard. I didn't get an actual quote, but I was thinking it was going to be around $100. I eventually got 1.5" wheel spacers, and then that style wheel would fit over the SuperWinch manual hubs I was running. However, I recently switched to the Aisin manual hubs, and now that wheel won't fit on front again.

I guess Toyota guys have some wheel with a similar issue, and guys have been just using a router with a guide bearing and taking the lip off themselves. Apparently that drove all the machinists crazy, but they apparently didn't have any problems with anything.
Thanks for the reply. Might be cheaper and less stressful to grab a second set of rims. I'll be running Aisin hubs after the 4wd conversion.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts