Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have GM steel wagon wheels from the 80s fullsize trucks. Paid 8 bucks a piece at the junkyard. Ground out the center to fit them over the hubs then when i bought my 31x10.5 15s i had to tell the guys who balaced them if they had a jig to balance them lug centricly and they did so theyre balanced. The center caps cover up the grind marks that arent a perfect circle. I painted them good to cover any rust

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same thing as the front my rodeo came with steel wheels when i got it. So i used the factory center caps that came on it and the lugs just ground out the centers to fit the hubs even to fit one on the spare tire rack

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi everyone!

I found a parts truck for the replacement of my rusted out frame on my truck. I only have 60,000 miles on her and it would be a shame to junk it when the running gear is still solid and the interior is leather and mint.

The parts truck is a 99 Amigo and has everything but the wheels. Any idea what cheap steel wheels I could get to allow it to be transported by car hauler from out of state to me?

I won't be running the steel wheels on the road, just need to get it on the truck and be able to move it around so I can separate the body from the frame and do the replacement work.

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Debbie

·
Registered
918 Posts
Black99Amigo4WD said:
Hi everyone!

I found a parts truck for the replacement of my rusted out frame on my truck. I only have 60,000 miles on her and it would be a shame to junk it when the running gear is still solid and the interior is leather and mint.

The parts truck is a 99 Amigo and has everything but the wheels. Any idea what cheap steel wheels I could get to allow it to be transported by car hauler from out of state to me?

I won't be running the steel wheels on the road, just need to get it on the truck and be able to move it around so I can separate the body from the frame and do the replacement work.

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Debbie
Do you live near any pull a part places? You could grab some steel wheels off a Rodeo for cheap. Like $8.50 cheap.

·
Registered
256 Posts
On my 1995 Trooper LS I have Nissan Titan / Armada wheels 18 by 8, with 265/65R18 Tires...

31.5" tall by 10.7" wide

Isuzu wheels have 4.5 inches of back spacing the Nissan Titan/Armada have 5.0 inches of back spacing...

Machine shop bored the center hole to Isuzu hubs size for $100.00... :D

·
Registered
256 Posts

I am going to paint the centers of the wheels Flat Black with a Satin Clear Coat...

Rear...

Front...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Luis95LS said:
Wow! That looks like it came that way. The larger size looks good on the Trooper. Find some Isuzu center caps and you would really have everyone fooled.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Anyone with 17s? Or what other zu's came with 17s beside the axioms? I love the axiom wheels but their back spacing is a little much. Need something thats a little further out from the frame, can use spacers sure but if I dont have to y? kind of stuck with 17s to get the overall tire profile im after.....least at a friendly price.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nissan has a nice back spacing, you have to take the wheels to have the hub bored out...
GM wheels I do not know the back spacing space, you have to take the wheels to have the hub bored out...
Toyota need spacers... You DO NOT have to take the wheels to have the hub bored out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 1992 Isuzu Trooper that I put 17"x9" aftermarket wheels that came off a 02 GMC Yukon XL. I had a machine shop open up the bore from 4" to 4.25 ". They work great. Running BFG KO's.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Aftermarket....or yukon stock......pix? Or do tell brand......yours maybe my route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are "V-TEC Raptor's" from Americas tire or Discount Tire. New ones are $109 each. I bought 4 used ones with tires for $220. Score.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I just put Axiom 17" wheels on my Trooper. There are two different styles of Axiom wheels though. The wheels with flush center caps only fit on the rear and would need to be bored out to fit the front.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Enemigo said:
I just put Axiom 17" wheels on my Trooper. There are two different styles of Axiom wheels though. The wheels with flush center caps only fit on the rear and would need to be bored out to fit the front.

So you are saying that the flush mounter center cap Axiom wheels are not 108mm center hole?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey uncle rico can you post a picture of the kind of lug nuts that came on your rodeo, I have a set of factory center caps that I want to install on a factory set of 15" steel rims, but the lug nuts on my Trooper don't appear to be correct. The area where the lug nut seats on the center cap gets crushed when I tighten down the lug nut. I don't want to ruin these so I'd really appreciate it if you can post a picture. BTW your Rodeo looks sharp!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts