Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone has any other wheels on their isuzu other than isuzu wheels, what do ya have?? meaning from gm, toyota, nissan, etc... want to kno what fits. 15, 16, 17", 6-8" wide, whatever. show some pics of what ya have and what they came off of. what's the backspacing, diameter of center hub opening, bla bla bla.... lets see what all fits..

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I have Toyata wheels on my trooper.

They are a 15X7 wheel and I am running 33X10.50X15's on the same wheels but when I changes the tires I sand blasted the wheels and painted them flat black.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yota, Nissan, & Mitsu wheels all fit. Most 15's will fit over the callipers but some do not! Always test fit off brand wheels for clearance issues.

GM wheels do NOT fit. The center bore of the wheels is too small to clear our hubs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YOU SIR!!! that was the post i was looking for. that will help lots! i saw today a montero that had nice wheels and i wondered if they would work. i will prob go to the junk yard this week sometime and look for some.. if i cant find any, i will just run what i got.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I believe GM's will fit 02'+. Because Isuzu went with the GM front hubs and breaks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what was isuzu's trailblazer counterpart?? i would imagine they would be the same wheels. they wouldnt fit first gen rodeos, but i would think they would fit the trailblazer bodystyles...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
festerfm said:
what was isuzu's trailblazer counterpart?? i would imagine they would be the same wheels. they wouldnt fit first gen rodeos, but i would think they would fit the trailblazer bodystyles...
That would be the Isuzu Ascender. I have heard some similar comments about the 02 Troopers being able to use GM wheels. This is false.

Yes you could use Trailblazer wheels on an Ascender but that is the only vehicle that they would work on.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I have 15"x7" Nissan alloys from a 95' pathfinder on my trooper. The back spacing is better than the stock wheels and puts the edge of the tire just about 1" past the edge of my fender. The center hole fits around my hubs perfectly too.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
gm wheels will fit, also i know my rims will fir on a toyota

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
bazza2541 said:
I have Mitsubishi Pajero rims on my 2004 Trooper Commercial.

I Love it! You just need the Mitsubishi Centercaps now!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
^Those wheels do look good.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
With the gm wheels the only issue is some have the smaller hub opening, those won't fit. Trailblazer/ascender wheels are the wrong bolt pattern 6x4.5 like mid-size nissans since 05. I love that RED on the trooper ;)

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
We need a 4.25" center bore. Many GM 6-lug wheels have a 4" bore.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Most wheel manufactures will call it a 108mm hub bore

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
festerfm said:
if anyone has any other wheels on their isuzu other than isuzu wheels, what do ya have?? meaning from gm, toyota, nissan, etc... want to kno what fits. 15, 16, 17", 6-8" wide, whatever. show some pics of what ya have and what they came off of. what's the backspacing, diameter of center hub opening, bla bla bla.... lets see what all fits..
i know this is an old thread, but this is too general of a question. which isuzu in particular are you trying to find wheels for?
Bart's trooper wheels certainly won't fit on his impulse, and they are both isuzus.

go to this site for good information on wheel bolt patterns and center bore sizing.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods ... tabase.asp

cheers, john

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My original reason for asking this question was because I was going to the junk yard and I wanted to pick up a set of cheap wheels to put my snow tires on and there was an abundance of 90s and 2000s gm trucks in the junkyard. I had a 97 rodeo that they would go on.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts