Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.

I have a 1995 tf rodeo and have a glowplug problem. When i turn the key on to light the g plugs up they only attempt to light for around 1 second meaning she takes a hell of a long time to start. I have to wind the starter motor for around 6 or 7 seconds about 5 times to get it started. Though early morning with a frost, when temperature is really cold the glow plugs will come on for a good 10 seconds. I let them shine a couple of times and no worries starts no problem at all.. So when i let her sit for longer then an hour they no longer wanna light up for more then a second.
Anyone have an ideas? Or where i should start looking. I have heard of a water temp sensor, a glowplug timer or relay but have no idea where either of these are located. Any help on this situation would be muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Most of the people here have petrol engines so finding help on here will be close to impossible on such an issue. The US didn't get any diesels unfortunately.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My guess its that you have a 2.8 turbo diesel, in that case theres a sensor on top of the termostat housing thats the one wich read the water temp, if you leave it unplug the glow cycle will last like 10 seconds, but the glow plug circuit its made to work just under -10C so thats why you see the circuit working just at very low temps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts