Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on this forum and my car is a 1996 Isuzu Trooper 3.2L V6. I need to do a Big 3 upgrade under the hood. The only problem is (I'm not exactly sure) the alternator seems to be way down under. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with step by step instructions on how to get to the alternator. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I'm not familier with a big 3 upgrade, but the alternator isn't that hard to remove. There are 2 bolts that hold it in. The pivot bolt and the adjustment bolt. The pivot bolt mounts to a bracket that bolts to the block with 2 more bolts. First release the tension and remove the belt. Then remove the outer (adjustment bolt). Then remove the pivot bolt. I found it easiest to remove the alternator from underneath. I also found it to be worth the effort to remove the alternator bracket.

Be sure to be safe by disconnecting the battery and before you begin remove the electrical connections from the back of the alternator.

-Tad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.