Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, still a n00b, GF has a 96 Rodeo with the V6, I know its a pretty robust motor from what I've read, but do they REALLY burn ~1 quart of oil per 1000 miles? Also, its about time for me to change the oil in hers, and its starting to tick, I'm assuming slight oil starvations as it sounds like lifters? I'm used to working on Fords, so I'm assuming that last part.

ALSO, I think the owners manual calls for 5W30 or something, anyone have a better weight they run? Not really against it, but again, my truck only gets 10/30 or 10/50.

any pointers? What motors noises are to be expected from a well cared for 103,000 mile Rodeo?

·
Registered
823 Posts
The oil burning is in 98 and up engines..dont worry there...

The tick IS an Isuzu thing...

If its just starting, great...

Use some 0-30 in it, and it shouldnt tick.....

as far as use...my 93 3.2 has almost 214k... hows that for an answer?

And that is MILES, not kilometers...as someone thought...dont ask..

Chase

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I have a copy of the .pdf file for the TSB on Isuzu OHC V6 Lifter Noise, if you'd like it, send me a P.M. and I'll forward it to you.

Tried to access the NHTSA site where it used to reside, and I guess they now want to sell you copies of TSB's instead of being able to view them.

Your tax dollars at work!! If anyone knows of another link to the TSB that works, that'd be useful too.

HTH........ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.