Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around the internet at several different pictures of Troopers, looking at what others have been able to do with their Troopers.

I was wonderring what that little black wing/visor on the back is actually for?

Also, I was wonderring if anyone knew any contacts of where I could get some of the neat parts they have for Troopers overseas.

KTT

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
The wing does two thingss:

1) Helps keep the rear window clear. A wall of air is blown straight down the back window, which keeps a lot of the "backwash" from sticking to the window.

2) Helps keep you alive. As a nice side effect, exhaust gases don't build up in a pocked behind the vehicle. If you were to have a rear door gasket leak, they could leak inside, and nobody likes carbon monoxide poisioning.

btw, ALL 2nd gen Troopers have a build in wing, and where I live, the 3 local dealers never received one without the wing from 88-91.

-Tad

·
Registered
79 Posts
My first 89 had the wing along with the factory roof rack. The 88 I have now has neither, and my back window is always dirty. If I remember correctly it just screwed into the roof above the sill at two points. Should be easy to add one, and I doubt they would cost much if you pulled one from a yard.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It's funny you mention that Tad. My rear door does have a leak. I think the guy who owned it before me drove with the back door open or something. I've repositioned the door so it's straight again, just need to fix the gasket now. And yes, the back window does tend to get a little messy. It seems no matter how large of mudflaps I try I can't keep it clean...I might have to look at one of those wings.

So what about all those foreign parts? Anywhere to find them in the US?

KTT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.