·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
An novel as the RHD is, I would love to see some imports from LHD countries so that I could actually go into parking garages, bank/food drive-through's, etc. A nice condition 2nd gen capable of 25mpg would be a great DD.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,746 Posts
paulevans76 said:
An novel as the RHD is, I would love to see some imports from LHD countries so that I could actually go into parking garages, bank/food drive-through's, etc. A nice condition 2nd gen capable of 25mpg would be a great DD.
That nailed it. Sadly, RHD would be a complete deal breaker for me as well.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
paulevans76 said:
We have some here, not a whole lot of originals, but they're around. It would probably be a hassle to register one up there though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
As long as they are 25 years old or older, then it becomes more of a transportation hassle than a registration hassle. Although I'm sure that would still also be a hassle, just not as bad as if it was <25 years old :p

I should probably look deeper into it. These companies importing rigs from Japan and such are making big $$ marking them up with the enthusiast and novelty fees, I'm sure doing more of the leg work one's self would make it more cost effective. I could definitely go for a plush & decked out 2nd-3rd gen 2 or 4 door limited w/ the turbo diesel backed by an aisin auto.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
paulevans76 said:
As long as they are 25 years old or older, then it becomes more of a transportation hassle than a registration hassle. Although I'm sure that would still also be a hassle, just not as bad as if it was <25 years old :p

I should probably look deeper into it. These companies importing rigs from Japan and such are making big $$ marking them up with the enthusiast and novelty fees, I'm sure doing more of the leg work one's self would make it more cost effective. I could definitely go for a plush & decked out 2nd-3rd gen 2 or 4 door limited w/ the turbo diesel backed by an aisin auto.
If you're seriously interested I could help you on this end. I believe the shipper that brings out equipment could take one back.

·
Registered
765 Posts
just make sure you have a passenger to help you with the drive-thru/ parkade issues!

one of my friends had a rhd Nissan gtr, he would reverse thru the drive-thru &#8230;.. now that was a sight to be seen!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
mudoilngears said:
If you're seriously interested I could help you on this end. I believe the shipper that brings out equipment could take one back.
I started looking into it and found plenty of brokers online to help with the customs paperwork. I may ask for your help once I'm in a better position to go ahead. What sorts of vehicles do you see in your neck of the woods? Ideally I'd like to find a diesel trooper, 2nd-3rd gen, auto, stock, not too many miles and not a rough life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts