Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Give us some more info on why you want to regear. Frisky is right, the only ratios available are 4.77 (very rare to find) or aftermarket 5.38s. 4.77 is not going to be a huge difference from your 4.56s, and 5.38s is pretty much too low unless you're running 35s. So you are kinda out of luck. If you are looking for more power after slightly larger tires, just do some mods, intake, exhaust, header, cam, and just plain tune it up. HTH

Mike
________
Subaru 1000

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about the color it is the same as my amigo. as far as the gears i am very close to changing from front ifs to toyota live axle and 38.5.x15x15 tsl boggers so i will need the lower gears to com close to stock

pacesetter header
exhaust straitest 2.5 pipe you can think of and a edelbrock rpm muff,no cat
intake just kn&n cone
no smog pump or egr tube

·
Registered
132 Posts
5.38's are the only option for you in the corp 12 bolt rear then. If you have the D-44, then that might be different, I don't know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i race the mud drags and i run toyota front and rear and a 632 cube 1146hp bbc donaven and 36 x 17 paddles with 16 scoops on the rear in a 200 ft pit mud and a 300 ft pit in the sand and i have not broke and its spooled. the front i run 35x14.50 cut boggers and i have never had any probs nor has over 15 other guys that run the same chassies because it is the cheepest and the most realiable set up so 38.5 boggers on my amigo will work for what i whant it to do or i will scrap the teal pile of junk and just go back to toyota's and samurai's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.