Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what options I have for gearing, I have foud that I am towing regularly and already have oversized tires, and would like to go with 35's in the future.

What gears are even available that would fit? Also, would I be able to have my locker in the front with larger gears? What gears would y'all recommend?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
4.77s are available, if rare. That's a relatively modest jump from your current 4.56s.

5.38s are ideal for 35s on a Trooper, but you would be the envy of all if you snagged a set for the front 10-bolt...long out of production and rarer than hen's teeth nowdays. I think they still have a few sets for the rear 12-bolt at Indy4x.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
what are the gear availabilities for the 12-bolt modified?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Med!c said:
what are the gear availabilities for the 12-bolt modified?
THE U.S MARKET MODIFIEDS , ABOUT 0 ABOUT THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO RELATIVELY CHEEP , IS SWAP IN A 96-97 TROOPER REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY , EVERYTHING BOLTS RIGHT UP AND THEY HAD THE ABS ON THEM SAME AS YOUR ,S YOU WILL HAVE TH=O CHANGE THE DIFF DRIVE SHAFT DRIVE FLANGE TO THE 97 STYLE, BUT YOU IMMEDIATELY PICK UP 4.55 GEARING, AND THE FRTS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE .

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
It's likely more feasible (and probly same cost) to do a sas with a matching rear end swap. Getting the teeth thin enough for 5.13 or 5.38 on these little rings is kinda scary, ontop of a locker anyway lol. A sas would allow for a larger ring & pinion, which would be able to handle more abuse without having to worry about shearing teeth off the ring gear. Also a better market for lockers n such on a more 'mainstream axle'.

~psguardian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts