Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We here in Richmond were on the receiving end of almost 9" of rain between 1pm to (currently) 7:45pm; and it is still coming down really hard. I hope everyone on the board in this area is ok!

Just for a mental image, Interstate 95 right in the middle of downtown (Belvedire Exit) was 5 feet under water :shock: and there were waterfalls coming down the exits. What a mess.... be careful.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just heard on the news this morning that there may be another one (Francis I think) heading towards the Carolinas. :shock:

Sounds like you may need to build an ark!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We ended up with over 12" of rain here at my house and some spots just 20 miles north of here got over 14" :shock: :shock: :shock:

My father-in-law works downtown; he was on the 13th floor of his building looking down onto downtown Richmond and said he couldn't see anything but water where the streets should be in Shockoe Bottom area. Then the electricity went out and he and the other employees all got to walk down the stairs and then try and find there way home...

Needless to say, today was just beautiful. (sunny and around 85*)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Man 93 can't even imagine what you are going through. I have always been afraid of fire but from you are talking about water can be just as bad.

Keep your head up and I hope you make it though. Hopin' you're dry. If you need ANYTHING...................................

Shan (sgtboots)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live in Charleston, SC and while we didn't get the rain like you guys did, we did get our fair share of winds. Peak wind gusts in my area: 78mph. They reported 84mph gusts a few miles closer at the beach. We lost power for 14 hours, but nothing compared to what the people in Punta Gorda are still dealing with.

I hope Frances stays far, far away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.