Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 rodeo LS 3.2L
Have a strong smell of gas cumming from passenger side. But when you open the hood you can really smell it. Have replaced the injector o-rings and smell went a way and know it is back again. And have no clue were to begin at again since i don't know much about the Isuzu family.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found the fuel smell. worst way to find it though since it caused the rodeo to loose 1/4 of a tank a gas on the ground in less than 10 min's. Replaced rubber fuel line know the damn thing is making a loud whining noise know after putting new fuel hose on.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Hope you replaced it with high pressure fuel injection line and not regular gas line. Additionally, you might have a faulty gas cap, vent line, evaporative line or faulty evaporative canister putting a strain on the fuel line and/or fuel pump. Try loosening / removing the gas cap and see if it still makes that sound.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It still makes the sound. And did use high pressure fuel line. The sound is cumming from the throttle body for some reason. will make sure that all the bolts are tight and if that don't do it then i will replace the gasket that the throttle body is connected to. And if that still don't work i guess i will just buy a new throttle body to try to solve the problem that i am having with it. Still have to replace shocks hopefully i can do it before it snows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.