Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have run 2 tanks, let me rephrase that. About 3/4 tank and about a 1/2 tank.

Spit under 21 mpg the first tank and a spit under 22 mpg 2nd tank. My prior mpg were right at 17 on average. I think that's pretty good considering no ultra fine tuning has been performed as of yet. Only have one issue which doesn't appear to impact performance. Venting. I removed the canister and return functions. On the day of the first start and run, upon shut down, a good amount of fuel was exiting from the old fuel return line where I had severed it near the fuel filter. I had put a small lawn mower filter on the end of it hoping to use it as a vent line. It vented alright. I now run with my fuel cap loosely applied and it works well. Don't like that however. I'm just able once again to crawl beneath the trooper to investigate. I believe when I cut the actual vapor line, I capped it coming from the tank. I might see if this is so, uncap it, secure the fuel cap and observe the results. I realized shortly that the fuel return (I think) actually goes down into the tank containment (gas) whereas the vent line doesn't go down that far. I'm fairly sure that's the way it is. Anyhow, I'm very pleased with my increased mpg and my same, good power.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.