Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've got a 2000 rodeo s 4wd 3.2 v6 with 5 speed manual that I bought new. It's got 55k miles, and I've used it to tow my relatively light aluminum fishing boat, otherwise it's used for mostly light duty. A week ago, during a 40 mile trip in hot weather, the engine killed when coming to a stop at a freeway exit. Started up again, but continued to kill at idle. Once the truck sat for a few hours, the problem seemed to go away, only to return when the truck was warmed up again. Ive tried turning off the air, but it still kills once in a while. Then I noticed hesitation while towing my boat up a hill and accelerating. Now, in the last few days, the idling problem seem to have gone, but of course the cause is still there, waiting to pounce again. The problem clearly has followed the hot weather, and is less apparent on cooler days. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds very similar to my problem I just posted about. I live in Florida, and of course it's 9 billion degrees here. And it was the first really hot few weeks that this issue started with my '99. I haven't used it to haul my horses yet, and now I'm glad I didn't!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.