Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Acura SLX
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the stars lined up and I got extremely lucky and found a gas tank at the local Pull-a-part that they forgot to knock a hole in the bottom of!! Yay!! Even the guy at the checkout was like "you know that has been punctured, right?" I just nodded.
So my ride is a 1996 Acura SLX with what looks like a slight fuel weep at the seam. The donor tank is from a 2002 trooper. (Pic of donor tank). It appears the hoses are different, from what I can see on mine, I haven't dropped the tank yet. Anyone done this? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
All I can say is you may have problems with your fuel gauge afterwards. If possible, try to use your original fuel sender unit. I know that some years had to have the ecm reflashed after replacing fuel pump / fuel sender assemblies. Dennis

Reactions: Broox

·
Registered
1996 Acura SLX
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I can say is you may have problems with your fuel gauge afterwards. If possible, try to use your original fuel sender unit. I know that some years had to have the ecm reflashed after replacing fuel pump / fuel sender assemblies. Dennis
Interesting. Thank you for the advice. I will try to use the existing fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts