Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the super long pic show :LOL: .......if you have dial up, I'm really sorry....REALLY. This was completed awhile back and have been meaning to document the process, well I'm finally doing it.

So I've pulled her in the shop, her home for awhile now


Yea, she didn't want to drop her load, so I decided to get a better tool.


nasty, nasty, nasty




giving the pump a bath..er...wait sorry......testing the pump


removing the previous PITA


do NOT joke the rust.....I know you're just jealous


there's always at least one


this has got to go, the bracket that is.......well the rust needs to just disappear as well.


that's better, well a little better


and some rustoleum, like it actually matters at this point


a little more to disassemble


parts required


I love jig saw puzzles


these should be much more pleasurable to remove, should I ever need to again


well the new screws look better anyways, that's got to help right?



now to raise the mounts.....ahem.....just make new ones, much easier


something seems out of place here, got to be the tape measure, who needs that


cute little pieces of metal, their mom was pretty clean :wink:


this is starting too look not bad, please don't joke the welds I'm no expert, plus I'll blame it on the excess rust


this thing was pissing me off the whole time, I introduced my best friend MR. SAWZALL


and finally some results, sorry if I wasted some of your life during this post......you can't have it back


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
FoytiX, well done. Far better than the guy that I bought my 91 from. His welds are horrid and well, the whole thing is sloppy. He did it to accommodate the 3" body lift, so it is nice but not done well. Here is my tank, http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65412&start=25. You did a fantastic job! :thumbright: And i am digging the modifications on the Troop as well.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TrooperRS said:
I'm doing my tank as well. Could you post the part #'s of the fuel pump, filter if you don't mind? Thanks...DM
OK, when I said I did this awhile back.....what that means is Dec 2009......yea I procrastinate, BAD......I don't remember the numbers but what I did was go on one of the major parts distributors (napa, carquest, etc) put in all of my vehicle specific info (year, brand, model, eng, etc) and it showed my options. Since there are a few different pumps I would suggest doing this at least to get the part numbers, then you can price shop if so desired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imamonstertruck said:
FoytiX, well done. Far better than the guy that I bought my 91 from. His welds are horrid and well, the whole thing is sloppy. He did it to accommodate the 3" body lift, so it is nice but not done well.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:
hahaha, Thanks Ian suddenly I feel a lot better about my welding skills. I like your write up, wish I had gotten the entire pump, would have saved me a little time and headache. I like the red tank, looks like a jerry can sitting under there....sweet. I'm truly jealous of your lack of RUST. All these years of beach driving is catching up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,980 Posts
Did you use the same tank? The sending unit, pump assembly, everything in Blackie looked almost as bad as yours but my tank was leaking. rust had eaten thru 2 or 3 spots in the bottom and it was "weeping"......an occasional drip about every minute or so. No 89 tanks close by so I got a 99 tank from Jerry. Tank "looked" almost identical but when I went to install, there were some very subtle differences that temporarily stopped the project. I've got to drop the brackets down approx 1 3/4 inches to accomodate for the 99 tank and then I've got to rig an inlet hose.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
foytiX said:
imamonstertruck said:
FoytiX, well done. Far better than the guy that I bought my 91 from. His welds are horrid and well, the whole thing is sloppy. He did it to accommodate the 3" body lift, so it is nice but not done well.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:
hahaha, Thanks Ian suddenly I feel a lot better about my welding skills. I like your write up, wish I had gotten the entire pump, would have saved me a little time and headache. I like the red tank, looks like a jerry can sitting under there....sweet. I'm truly jealous of your lack of RUST. All these years of beach driving is catching up.
Well, It was a desert truck from Arizona until I selfishly brought it to the Ohio Valley. Thanks, I decided to paint the tank red because I figured it was fitting considering since I have had this truck, the fuel system has given me a devil of a time :evil: ... but we persevere right?, thats why we choose to maintain these things :D

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sassee said:
Did you use the same tank? The sending unit, pump assembly, everything in Blackie looked almost as bad as yours but my tank was leaking. rust had eaten thru 2 or 3 spots in the bottom and it was "weeping"
yeah, I used the same tank. If memory serves me correct, I put some rocks in there with some fluid and shook it for a little while to break up some of the almost loose stuff. Then flushed out the remaining gung. I then let it air dry for a good few days in the shop. I was having a problem with it dripping a small amount but the drain plug was the culprit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah the East Coast is hard on Troopers, and any other vehicle made out of metal for that matter :lol:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top