Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rodeo V6 1995.5. I am having a problem with my fuel pump. The rodeo was running fine, one day it would not start. It started look like the fuel pump. After changing out the filter and dropping the fuel tank, I jumped the fuel pump. Started right up. Relay seems to be working and fuse is fine.

Any Ideas.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Hook a fuel pressure gauge up to your fuel rail, it should be somewhere around 40 psi. If it's not then the pump is bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will not pump at all when I have is plugged in to the wiring. I can hook it up to a 6 volt battery and the car will run. I am thinking it is a wiring issue.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
swap the relay with another from the fuse box and see if it runs... how did you test the relay?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
check you grounds. See what the voltage is at the pump plug and compare it to the voltage between the battery terminals. It should be almost the same. if not there is resistance somewhere usually the ground to body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a meter to check the relay. I also check the voltage at the plug and at the battery. The voltage is the same. I am now trying to check for a ground but tracking the wires is nightmare.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
You could skip the stock grounding wires & make an upgrade. Just use star-washers & jumper wires to ground : pump-frame-batt & frame-block-alt.

~psguardian

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hook a fuel pressure gauge up to your fuel rail, it should be somewhere around 40 psi. If it's not then the pump is bad.
Do this next. Just because the pump runs when you jump it and has no load doesn't mean it's good. If there is no voltage drop between battery and pump then ground is good. But if internals of the pump (bearings and electronics) are bad it won't give you the pressure needed to push the gas through the injectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.