Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been looking for a Rodeo for a while and I came across one for a good deal the only catch is the fuel pump is bad (at least that's what the seller says).

I keep reading that it is pretty easy to change and I know my way around cars, but I haven't worked on fuel systems at all with the exception of fuel filters.

Could anyone help me with a couple of questions:?
- How would I be able to tell if the fuel pump is bad? What are the characteristics?
- Is there a source that I could look at to follow steps to change the pump? Or is it easy enough to explain in this forum?

Thanks alot everyone, I look forward to learning from your expertise. It's a 1996 v6 with a 3.2

·
Registered
677 Posts
Use the search function. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of threads on changing the fuel pumps. Its pretty straight forward. Drop the tank, remove the pump, replace the pump, replace the tank, done.

Check that its not just a loose wire first though or a bad ground.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't have time to do the legwork right now but if you search my threads I did take some good PICS when doing the F/P on my Sons RODEO awhile back..

It's not a bad job at all, just pay attention & cross your fingers the tank isn't FULL.. It really helps if there isn't much gas in it from a weight perspective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts