Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got a fuel pump problem. Need help, I thought it was the alternator causing the lack of pump running but its NOT, even though it was completely fried. It's starting to look like a wiring thing(NOOOO). Much love for anyone that can help me. serious big love.

my car specs are:
91 rodeo v6 carburetor injected automatic

I will put it all in dot form to make it organized

*Alternator replaced, still no fuel pump running

*Relays are all fine, both of them, works in place of starter relay which are all the same

*Pump runs when connected direct up to the Battery (but does that still mean its working properly)

*The Pump cannot be heard at ANY time, on ignition, turning over, whatever. just nothin.

*The Motor cranks if about 25 ml's of gasoline is poured directly into the carburetor

*you can blow straight through the fuel lines no blockage

Edit: SCRATCH ALL THAT the wiring I was talking about is just for the fuel gauge and low fuel light *sigh*

now Im really stumped

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Did you put in reverse and pump the brake three times for good luck? Sorry im tired. If the alternator fried it may have dead shorted some wiring.Did You say you can pull the relay out and run a hot lead into the power terminal and power up the pump? If thats the case your wiring from that point is good. Back to engine and surrounding mess make sure nothing melted wire wise. Even a ground lead could scew this up.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just went through this myself on a van. We did everything, new pump etc and we ended up triple checking our work and a fuse that looked brand new had a tiny crack in it. Check it out just to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts