Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Planet!

Quick question to the Rodeo crowd out there; from 98-04 are all the fuel pumps the exact same for the 3.2 DOHC engine?

Also for the Trooper crowd, would/could a 3.5 DOHC fuel pump run a 3.2 DOHC?

-Robert

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for answers

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
TKEPA251 said:
Howdy Planet!

Quick question to the Rodeo crowd out there; from 98-04 are all the fuel pumps the exact same for the 3.2 DOHC
engine? THE ACTUALL PUMPS ARE ALL PRETTY MUCH THE SAME BUT THE PLASTIC HANGERS ARE DIFF ON THEM , THERE ARE ABOUT 5 DIFF PT NO,S ON THE RODEO PUMP ASSY ALONE ,

98-2000 ALL THE RODEO V6 PUMPS ARE THE SAME 2001 THRU 2003 ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME EXCEPT THE 03 LATE AND THE 04 DI ENG

Also for the Trooper crowd, would/could a 3.5 DOHC fuel pump run a 3.2 DOHC?

THE TROOPER PUMP WILL RUN THE 3.2 ENG WITH NO PROB, EXCEPT IT WONT FIT THE RODEO TANK, COMPLETELY DIFF HANGER ASSY, THE FACTORY TROOPER PUMP ,IF YOU REMOVE IT FROM IT S HANGER MAY FIT THE RODEO HANGER , THEY ARE VERY SIMILIER . THE PRESSURE OUT PUT OF BOTH ARE CONTROLLED BY THE SAME PT NO PRESS REG , JERRY

-Robert

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jerry! I'm not sure if mine is completely gone just yet, but I have a feeling she's on her last leg. When she goes I'll be in touch again

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Jerry,
will pt# 8-25326-590-0 work in his truck??????? i have a brand new OEM one here....its for the 2.2L but wasnt sure if in fact would work for his truck!?!?!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
lowzone said:
Jerry,
will pt# 8-25326-590-0 work in his truck??????? i have a brand new OEM one here....its for the 2.2L but wasnt sure if in fact would work for his truck!?!?!
HI RON, THAT PUMP IS FOR THE 4CYL AND THE V6 FROM 7-01--- 10 -02
AND THE BEGINNING OF 01>>>>6 MO 0F 01

AND THE PUMP FOR THE OTHER SHOWS A DIFF NO FOR 98>>>>>>>>>ALL OF 2000, I THINK THEY CHANGED THE LOCKING TAB WHERE THE PUMP ASSY GOES INTO THE TANK,

THE PUMP ITSELF I AM ALL MOST CERTAIN IT IS THE SAME , YOU WOULD JUST HAVE TO REMOVE IT FROM ONE HANGER TO THE OTHER .

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
kinda figured as the PSI for fuel injection should all be about the same. ive sold off most of my inventory and this is the last fuel pump i have left. probably going to be sitting on it for awhile....

thanks Jerry
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts