Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 isuzu rodeo that has the 3.1 GM moter in it. its not getting fuel even after I replaced the fuel pump, filter, relays, and the ecm. I tested the wires and the pump is not getting power. Is there any way to run the pump straght from the ignition switch, and bypass the ecm, or is that a bad idea. thanks
miikew24

·
Registered
113 Posts
EFI engines are required to have a safety switch that kills power in case of an accident, look for that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've found that Isuzu has an annoying habit of energizing the fuel pump relay from the alternator. If the alternator is not energizing, the fuel pump relay will not turn on the fuel pump. Try to find the wiring diagram for your vehicle and you will see what I mean. My dad's '91 p'up had that problem until I replaced the alternator. I 'rewired' it temporarily so that it would run off of another relay. That was only temporary until I sourced another alternator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.